How our sponsorship program works:
1) Make a video with 2 to 5 minutes of you skateboarding. In your video, answer these questions:
a) What is your name?
b) How has skateboarding had a positive impact on your life?
c) Why do you want to join the Open Source Skateboards team?
d) How do you have a positive impact on your community? (This can be any community you are a part of – your local community, the skateboarding community, etc.)
2) Submit a link to your video to:
3) We will determine if you are eligible for one of our two tiers of sponsorship:
Tier 1 – you will be eligible for 1 free deck each month
Tier 2 – you will be eligible for 1 deck at half price ($30) each month
4) In order to maintain your sponsorship for either Tier 1 or Tier 2, you must:
Compete in 1 competition
Produce at least 2 minutes of YouTube/Vimeo videos with your Open Source Skateboards deck
Produce 5 Instagram videos with your deck and tag #opensourceskateboards
Influence 2 other skaters to purchase an Open Source Skateboards deck – they will receive 5% off each, and for every additional 2 referrals, you get another free deck. You will be given a unique coupon code if accepted for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 sponsorship.
5) You will not be eligible for the free or discounted deck if you do not do at least one of the above for a given month.
6) As we grow, and as you progress as a skater, other benefits are anticipated (custom shaping/board design, custom graphics, etc.) and consideration for Tier 2 skaters to move up to Tier 1 is ongoing.
Thanks for supporting Open Source Skateboards and making a difference – we look forward to hearing from you!